06 November 2022

I will set you free from fear

As I sat down at my table to spend time with God this morning, this verse came to mind...

"If you obey my teaching, you are really my disciples; you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free" (John 8:31-32).

In wondering what He meant by the truth, I was then led to another verse...

"I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one goes to the Father except by me" (John 14:6).

So I will know the truth, that is Jesus, and he will set me free. Ok, so how do I come to know Jesus? John 8:31-32 told me that I had to obey his teaching and be his disciple. What does Jesus want me to do?

My mind was led to the next chapter...

"My commandment is this: love one another, just as I love you (John 15:12).

If I love others just like Jesus loves me, I am his disciple. I will know the truth, that is Jesus, and He will set me free.

What will he set me free from? Many things, I am sure, but my mind was led to a particular verse...

There is no fear in love; perfect love drives out all fear. So then, love has not been made perfect in anyone who is afraid, because fear has to do with punishment (1 John 4:18).

If you love others, just like I love you, you are really my disciples; you will know me, and I will set you free from fear.

I was really blessed by my conversation with God this morning and I hope you are too! :)